Marketers are About to Start Using YouTube a LOT More
5 Things They’ll be Doing There
Did you know that there is a huge disconnect between the way that marketers and customers view the effectiveness of YouTube? Marketers focusing on lead generation rely rather heavily on blog posts (such as this one!) and believe video to be lower down the charts in usefulness. Instead, customers tend to ignore the TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read) blog posts and aim for video to learn and witness new, interesting content.
In HubSpot’s State of Inbound Marketing 2016 report, consumers claimed to thoroughly consume video 55% of the time whereas they only do so with blog posts 29% of the time. So, if you’re the one planning the marketing for your business, and you rely solely on the written word, you could be leaving a lot of money on the table!
Marketers are going to start using YouTube a lot more!
- Facebook users watch 8 billion videos a day.
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos a day.
- YouTube videos are watched per person at least 3 hours a week (in 18-24 year olds). But it’s not just the younger folks. One third of users over 25 watch at least one hour of YouTube a week.
You can bet marketers are going to start clueing in to this valuable resource!!
However, people overwhelmingly do not want to see obnoxious or intrusive ads. People hate autoplay videos before being able to see their desired content.
So what is a marketer to do with YouTube?
- Create fun and helpful reviews of products. Before we bought our new vacuum, we watched all sorts of reviews, both positive and negative. We clicked away from the “salesy” ones and enjoyed the more real-life, yet semi-pro-feeling videos.
- Show demos. A great way to showcase your products and services. People want to see how things work before they buy.
- Go through a checklist or how-to-guide. Similar to a demo, but showing some written content on the screen then acting it out (e.g., steps in assembling something).
- Call on others. Expert opinions are always valuable and get testimonials for your services.
- Be upfront with pricing whenever possible. People hate being baited and consumers want to know costs from the outset.
In this buyer-centric world, consumers do their research online and know what they want before ever talking to a sales person. Savvy marketers can create stunning video content to inform and educate the consumer, increasing trust and brand buy-in.
bOB’s artistic vision extends across all media and reflects his art school training. His superior knowledge and ongoing education in all things web and SEO-related affords him the expertise to be lead on all web projects, making him your best resource for website design excellence. bOB has been bringing his unique vision to art and the web for over 25 years. Watch quick and easy 5 minute tutorials on a variety of topics. Helping you get the most out of your projects. New content every Friday.